Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Ming Tsai. Seriously yummy.
Make and share this Kung Pao Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, de-veined
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch chives, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup kung pao sauce
- mung bean nooodle vermicelli
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil, and deep frying (for cooking)
- Prepare a fryer or a large stock pot filled 1/3 full with oil heated to 375°F.
- Pat prawns dry with paper towel. Add prawns to oil and fry for about 2 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove prawns to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, in a large wok or sauté pan over high heat coated lightly with oil, add onions and garlic chives. Stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add prawns and Kung Pao Sauce and stir fry to combine. Season if necessary.
- In same deep-frying oil, add mung bean vermicelli. The noodles will immediately puff up; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.