1/1 Photo of Kung Pao Chicken (Martin Yan)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE MARINADE
FOR THE SAUCE
- 59.14 ml chinese black vinegar or 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml chinese rice wine or 44.37 ml dry sherry
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir to coat chicken well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2In another bowl, combine all sauce ingredients.
- 3Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add chiles and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- 4Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove chicken and chiles from wok.
- 5Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- 6Add celery, bell pepper and bamboo shoots; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 7Return chicken and chiles to wok; stir-fry 1 minute.
- 8Add sauce and bring to boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken (Martin Yan)
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 952.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: