Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
FOR THE MARINADE
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
FOR THE SAUCE
- 59.14 ml chinese black vinegar or 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml chinese rice wine or 44.37 ml dry sherry
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 36.97 ml cooking oil
- 8 small dried red chilies
- 19.71 ml minced garlic
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 226.79 g cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 9.85 ml cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 78.07 ml roasted peanuts
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir to coat chicken well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add chiles and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove chicken and chiles from wok.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add celery, bell pepper and bamboo shoots; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Return chicken and chiles to wok; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add sauce and bring to boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.
Great recipe! We loved the perk from the balsamic vinegar & sherry. The sauce is the star and I was glad to have enough to spoon onto rice. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is a great dish! Nice and spicy, good with the vegetables. Next time I'll add more soy sauce as we like that flavor. Thanks for posting this recipe!