FOR THE MARINADE
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
FOR THE SAUCE
- 59.14 ml chinese black vinegar or 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml chinese rice wine or 44.37 ml dry sherry
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 36.97 ml cooking oil
- 8 small dried red chilies
- 19.71 ml minced garlic
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 226.79 g cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 9.85 ml cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 78.07 ml roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir to coat chicken well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add chiles and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove chicken and chiles from wok.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add celery, bell pepper and bamboo shoots; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Return chicken and chiles to wok; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add sauce and bring to boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.