1/1 Photo of Kung Pao Chicken (Martin Yan)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE MARINADE
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup chinese black vinegar or 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir to coat chicken well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2In another bowl, combine all sauce ingredients.
- 3Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add chiles and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- 4Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove chicken and chiles from wok.
- 5Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- 6Add celery, bell pepper and bamboo shoots; stir-fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- 7Return chicken and chiles to wok; stir-fry 1 minute.
- 8Add sauce and bring to boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken (Martin Yan)
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 952.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: