1/4 Photos of Kung Pao Chicken II (Copycat)
I'm hoping this is as good as the Kung Pao Shrimp I had at PF Chang's! There's been a lot of comments about this being salty. You might want to omit the salt and use low salt ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken meat, cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, skinless
- 10 whole dried red chili peppers
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water chestnut, diced (optional)
- 1Combine chicken, salt, egg white, and cornstarch. Mix well by hand and set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, blend all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons oil to heated wok and stir fry chicken. Cook the chicken until it's golden to golden brown on each side. Remove to serving bowl.
- 4Add 2 more tablespoons oil to same wok.
- 5Toss peanuts and chili peppers in the wok and stir fry until peppers turn dark red.
- 6Remove from wok and add to chicken. Lower Heat. If necessary, add more oil.
- 7Stir fry green onions and garlic for several seconds. (Do not let garlic burn.).
- 8Return chicken, peanuts and peppers to wok and stir fry a few seconds to combine.
- 9Add water chestnuts and combined sauce ingredients and stir fry till heated through and thickened (less than a minute).
- 10Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken II (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.8
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 1220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 45.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic