Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 5 teaspoons dry sherry, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup salted peanuts
- 6 -8 small dried hot chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, with tops, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- to taste green onion (for garnish)
- to taste dried hot chili peppers (for garnish)
- For marinade, combine 2 tsp. cornstarch, 2 tsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. sherry and salt in large bowl;mix well.
- Add chicken;stir to coat well.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch, 3 tsp. soy sauce, 3 tsp. sherry, vinegar, chicken broth and sugar in small bowl;mix well, set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add peanuts;cook and stir until lightly toasted.
- Remove peanuts from wok;set aside. Heat remaining 2 tbsp. oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add chili peppers;stir-fry until peppers just begin to char, about 1 minute. Increase heat to high.
- Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add ginger;stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 1 minute. Add peanuts and onions;stir-fry 1 minute. Stir cornstarch mixture;add to wok.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Garnish, if desired.
- From Cooking Class CHINESE Cookbook.