modified from athens' recipie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 tablespoons water
- 24 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 tablespoons dry sherry
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 5 bunches green onions, chopped (both white and green)
- 5 teaspoons garlic, minced (from the jar)
- 5 teaspoons minced ginger (from the jar)
- 15 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 10 cups brown rice (before cooking)
- 1Blend water, soy sauce, cornstarch, Sherry and sugar in bowl, set aside.
- 2Heat 1 tblsps oil in wok over high heat.
- 3Add chilies and cook until blackened, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken using slotted spoon.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to wok.
- 8Add green onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 9Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 10Stir sauce and add to wok.
- 11Cover and cook until sauce is thickened and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more.
- 12Mix in chicken and peanuts and heat.
- 13Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken for a Week
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1159.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 2731.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 56.3 g