Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
modified from athens' recipie
Make and share this Kung Pao Chicken for a Week recipe from Food.com.
- 36 tablespoons water
- 24 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 tablespoons dry sherry
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 5 bunches green onions, chopped (both white and green)
- 5 teaspoons garlic, minced (from the jar)
- 5 teaspoons minced ginger (from the jar)
- 15 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 10 cups brown rice (before cooking)
- Blend water, soy sauce, cornstarch, Sherry and sugar in bowl, set aside.
- Heat 1 tblsps oil in wok over high heat.
- Add chilies and cook until blackened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken using slotted spoon.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to wok.
- Add green onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir sauce and add to wok.
- Cover and cook until sauce is thickened and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Mix in chicken and peanuts and heat.
- Serve with rice.