Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 asian dried red chilies, split
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned szechuan sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or other light oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- cut chicken into bite-sized cubes toss chicken with 1 tbsp soy and 1 tbsp sherry and set aside whisk together sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, water, 1 tbsp sherry, remaining soy, and cornstarch in a bowl.
- in a wok, heat peanut oil over med-high heat.
- add split chiles and cook until they start turning dark in color add garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes and cook about 30 sec.
- or until aromatic add chicken and marinade, stirring constantly 1-2 min add soy mixture and bell pepper and cook until just cooked through, about 1 more minute.
- remove from heat for stronger flavor, toss with 1- 1 1/2 tbsp sezchuan sauce.