Recipe by Rachel Savage
Good home version of a restaurant favourite. Serve with rice. Use more pepper sauce if you like it spicy!
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Chinese red pepper sauce
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in 1 inch cubes)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 scallions (cut in 1/2 inch lengths)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (diced)
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 4 T soy sauce, 1 1/2 T cornstarch, sugar, sesame oil, chicken stock, and pepper sauce and set aside.
- Combine chicken, egg white, sherry and 1 T cornstarch and marinate 15 minutes.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in wok, then add chicken with marinade and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and drain.
- Add scallions and ginger to wok and stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add sauce and heat through.
- Return chicken to wok and add peanuts and stir fry 1 minute or until sauce thickens.