Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another one from Colorado Collage Cookbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cup into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and very coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- Combine chichen and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce. Chill 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, crushed red pepper, and water.
- In wok or large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add reserved chicken mixture and garlic and stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Add bell pepper and onion and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- Add peanuts and toss. Serve over rice.