Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash white pepper
- 8 medium Thai peppers (dried)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into squares
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, cut on the diagonal
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- sauce 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- mix together egg white, corn starch, white pepper and soy sauce in a glass bowl.
- Add chicken, coating well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl or plate, combine the green pepper, onion, drained water chestnuts and celery; Set aside.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients-set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan heat 1 Tbsp peanut oil over med-high heat.
- Stir-fry the Thai peppers until lightly browned.
- Add chicken and cook stir-frying until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add the vegetables-stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add sauce ingredients and heat for a few minutes to combine the flavors.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over.
- Serve over rice. (I always wait until I have put the chicken mixture over the rice before sprinkling the peanuts over.) Also, the Thai peppers can be decreased according to taste.