Recipe by LexingtonMom
Very quick, low calorie, and no exotic ingredients. This version features tangy chicken and peanuts--no veggies and no heavy sauces. Great for salty cravings! If you like even spicier, double the spices in step 5.
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 -4 teaspoons oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2⁄3 cup roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together wine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Make sure all other ingredients are set out and ready to go (i.e., onions and garlic are chopped, spices are close at hand) because once you start cooking, this recipe moves fast!
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and coat with cornstarch.
- Stir fry chicken in hot oil for 5-7 minutes, until cooked. Remove from pan and turn heat to medium.
- Add onions, garlic, red pepper, and ginger to hot pan and stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Give wine vinegar mixture a quick stir and pour into hot pan. Combine well with spices.
- Return chicken to pan and add peanuts, stirring well to coat all with sauce. I usually serve over white rice.