- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, ground, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli and 2 teaspoons ginger to pan - sauté 1 minute.
- Add water and cover. Cook 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Remove broccoli from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan and add remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed red pepper, and chicken. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, hoisin, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic.
- Add broth mixture to pan and cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Return broccoli mixture to pan - toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.