Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is about as good as what you get in a Chinese restaurant, possibly better.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce (i.e. Soy Vey)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (*preferably with garlic)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- peanut oil or canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts
- 10 dried red chili peppers
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced chicken (thigh meat - 4 thighs should be enough)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, slurry made with
- Marinate chicken in a small amount of soy, sherry, ginger, sesame oil, s/p.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Stir-fry peanuts; remove.
- Stir-fry dried chili peppers; remove.
- Stir-fry smashed garlic until browned; remove.
- Stir-fry chicken; add 1 TBS of sauce mixture, stir-fry a few more seconds and remove.
- Stir-fry carrots and celery for 2 minutes; add 1 TBS of sauce mixture, cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove cover and return chicken, peanuts, and dried red chili peppers to wok. Add remaining sauce mixture and combine all ingredients.
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch slurry so that all ingredients are well coated (there should be very little sauce remaining in bottom of wok).
- Serve immediately.