1/1 Photo of Kung Pao Chicken
One of our favorites. It takes a little time but well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 5 teaspoons dry sherry, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- 6 -8 small dried hot chili peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1For marinade, combine 2 t. soy sauce, 2 t. sherry, 2 t. cornstarch and the salt in large bowl; mix well. Add chicken; stir to coat well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 2Combine remaining 3 t. soy sauce, 3 t. sherry, the vinegar, chicken broth, sugar and remaining 1 1/2 t. cornstarch in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- 3Heat 1 T. oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add peanuts and cook until golden. Remove and set aside.
- 4Heat remaining 2 T. oil over medium heat. Add chili peppers and stir-fry until peppers just begin to darken, about 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ginger; stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Add onions and peanuts to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 801.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.1 g