Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy chicken with water chestnuts and peanuts.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ounce chili paste
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 4 ounces chopped peanuts
- Combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together.
- Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar, and sugar. Mix together and add green onion, garlic, water chestnuts, and peanuts.
- In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear. When sauce is aromatic, add sauteed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens.
Great recipe. I dbld it and chose to add veggies: 1 yellow onion, 2 carrots & 2 zucchini thinly sliced and button mushrooms. It has just enough kick. Thanx for sharing.