Recipe by startnover
Very yummy, and you can control the heat. The two red hot peppers it calls for just gives it a little kick--not to hot for even my 5 yr old.
Top Review by Sheila Diane
When I first tasted this, I thought I must have missed an ingredient. As another reviewer stated, the ingredients are listed a bit strangely. But I got it all in there and prepared it according to directions. It was WAY too vinegary for my taste. It made a visually appealing presentation, though. Don't think I'll try this recipe again.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil (for frying)
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml dry roasted peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into cubes
- 3-4 chopped scallions
- 14.79 ml minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- rice, to serve it with
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cubed chicken w/ 3T cornstarch, egg, and 1/2 t salt. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a wok heat oil and fry chicken till brown (do it w/ pretty hot oil because the longer it takes to cook the tougher the chicken.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and remove oil from pan.
- In a bowl put 1 t sesame oil, vinegar, 3 T water, 1/2 t salt, 2 t cornstarch, soy sauce, and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and scallions for 30 seconds more.
- Add hot peppers and whisk 10 seconds.
- Add sauce to wok and stir till thickens and starts to clear.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, add peanuts, mix well and drizzle w/sesame oil.