1/3 Photos of Kung Pao Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Very yummy, and you can control the heat. The two red hot peppers it calls for just gives it a little kick--not to hot for even my 5 yr old.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into cubes
- 3 -4 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- rice, to serve it with
- 1Toss cubed chicken w/ 3T cornstarch, egg, and 1/2 t salt. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- 2In a wok heat oil and fry chicken till brown (do it w/ pretty hot oil because the longer it takes to cook the tougher the chicken.
- 3Drain chicken on paper towels and remove oil from pan.
- 4In a bowl put 1 t sesame oil, vinegar, 3 T water, 1/2 t salt, 2 t cornstarch, soy sauce, and whisk for 30 seconds.
- 5Add garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and scallions for 30 seconds more.
- 6Add hot peppers and whisk 10 seconds.
- 7Add sauce to wok and stir till thickens and starts to clear.
- 8Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, add peanuts, mix well and drizzle w/sesame oil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1367.4
- Calories from Fat 1173
- Total Fat 130.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 1158.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 35.6 g