Helping Hands's Note:
I made this recipe for the first time tonight and it was delectable! My husband liked it so much that he requested it as a weekly dish, and I wholeheartedly agree! It's a wonderful recipe that allows for variety, by alternating between beef and chicken. It also comes together so quickly; the cooking time is only 5 minutes or so. I got this recipe from the Betty Crocker website, one of our sponsers here at Zaar (it has been slightly modifed by me). Please note that the prep time includes the marinating time. Something a little different and a little exotic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into cubes (See Note below)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 red pepper, cut into squares or slices
- 2 -3 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup canned diced bamboo shoot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (or more, for added spiciness)
- 3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1Note: You may also use beef stew meat but make sure that it is a high quality meat.
- 2Place beef in bowl and sprinkle with 1 tsp olive oil, cornstarch, and pepper. Toss well.
- 3Cover and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- 4Heat 1 tbs olive oil in electric skillet or wok on high heat.
- 5Add beef and and stir fry until meat is brown (about 2 minutes).
- 6Remove beef.
- 7Add 1 tbs olive oil to skillet and then add scallions, bell pepper, bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, sugar, and green chiles.
- 8Stir fry for 1 minute or so.
- 9Add beef, hot chile oil, and hot sauce, and stir well.
- 10Allow to heat thru.
- 11Sprinkle with peanuts and stir just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Beef (or Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1147.8
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 222.1 mg
- Sodium 506.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 75.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil