Recipe by Brenda.
A Kenyan Stew typically served over rice. I used dry roasted peanuts since the original recipe did not specify.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup black-eyed peas, cooked
- 1 cup peanuts, ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil & cook the onion until it turns golden & transparent.
- Add the tomatoes & let them cook for 3 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and onions are cooking, roughly mash the peas with a fork.
- Transfer the peas to the pan containing the cooking onion & tomatoes.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon in the ground peanuts & mix well.
- Add the salt and & continue to cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.