Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Great unique salsa!
Top Review by SwedishExpat
I can't believe this recipe has been up this long and it doesn't have at least 50--5 star reviews! Unique is right, but absolutely delicious! The only sub I made was sugar-in-the-raw instead of brown and doubled as we like a sweeter salsa. Served with pulled pork taco's. This is an amazing salsa & is fast on its way to being our fav!! Thanks so much Southern!!
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, diced into 1/2-in pieces
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 kumquats, quartered
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix jalapeños with garlic and cilantro. Remove insides from kumquats. Put insides in small pot and add orange juice, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- While reducing mixture, cut kumquat shells to 1/2-inch size and add to reduction. When reduction is done and tender, mix with the other ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.