Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe for me to try out with my next bumper crop of kumquats. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 9-inch baked pie crusts or 1 graham cracker crust
- 226.79 g cool whip dessert topping (or equivalent whipped cream)
- 158.51 ml kumquat, pureed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- Beat the condensed milk with the whipped topping.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until thickened.
- Add the kumquats, pour in pie shell and chill in refrigerator for several hours.
I was surprised at how light this pie is. I whipped real cream instead of the frozen fake stuff. Because I used cream, I added sugar, about 1/3 cup. I think next time I will double the kumquat to make it a bit bolder. I am glad to have this one in my repertoire. Having 2 kumquat trees and 1 calamondin I love recipes to use this wonderful fruit.
We had this pie today. It was fantastic. So different than other citrus pies. The kumquats really have a nice flavor. Thank you for such a refreshing and flavorful recipe!