Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My Great Greandparents owned a kumquat farm a long time ago. Some of the recipes are starting to filter to me. Cooking time includes feezing time.
- 3⁄4 lb kumquat, thinly sliced and seeds removed.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream, whipped
- Put sliced kumquats, water, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Simmer until fruit is soft.
- This may take up to half an hour.
- Puree the fruit with the liquid from the pan and let cool.
- Fold cream into the puree.
- Pour into a container, cover and freeze until firm, beating twice at hourly interval.