Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 kumquats, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3⁄4 lb shelled deveined uncooked large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in a large skillet over high heat until it foams.
- Stir in curry powder; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until lightly darkened.
- Add cream, chicken broth, kumquats and raisins; increase heat to high.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium; add shrimp.
- Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in cilantro.
Lovely recipe! I took my cues from one review warning of the bland flavor, so I added two sliced garlic cloves to the mix. I also served this over angel hair pasta.
I made this last night for dinner, as I had a bunch of leftover kumquats. I am a HUGE curry and shrimp fan, so it seemed right up my alley. It smelled wonderful as it was cooking, and it came together very quickly (which is always nice). My boyfriend and I both agreed that although the flavours were nice, that it was a touch bland. I will be making this recipe again, but tweaking it. I would double the curry and use coconut milk opposed to whipping cream. Thanks for a speedy meal!
What a luscious sauce this creates. Having kumquat and calamondin trees, I am always on the lookout for recipes that use them well. I used 31-40 shrimp with tails. Next time I will use smaller, tailless shrimp. I should have paid attention to the picture and other reviews and I would have realized how good it was over rice. Since I had not prepared the rice, I just used some good bread to soak up the extra sauce. Very easy and fast to make.