1/2 Photos of Kumera Wedges With a Honey Mustard Dip
Serve the wedges with the mustard dip or good ole sour cream and sweet chili sauce , if you prefer. As a variation you can use other root veges to make some wedges- potato, carrots, parsnip. For a gluten-free diet ensure your seasonings/spices and yogurt are suitable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the wedges
- 1 kg kumara (gold sweet potato)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon lightly crushed coriander seeds or 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Tangy Mustard Dip
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- 2Peel the kumera. Cut in half lenghways and then slice into thick wedges. Set aside.
- 3Using a large bowl-mix the remaining wedges ingredients. Add the kumera wedges and coat evenly.
- 4Place the wedges on roasting trays in a single layer Bake aprrox 40 minutes. CHeck whilst cooking and turn over a few times. Cook until browned and tender through.
- 5Prepare the dip while the wedges are cooking- mix the mustart and honey. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- 6Serve slightly cooled wedges with the dip. Sprinkle over some extra chopped herbs as garnish. Season with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kumera Wedges With a Honey Mustard Dip
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 447.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard