Serve the wedges with the mustard dip or good ole sour cream and sweet chili sauce , if you prefer. As a variation you can use other root veges to make some wedges- potato, carrots, parsnip. For a gluten-free diet ensure your seasonings/spices and yogurt are suitable
For the wedges
- 1 kg kumara (gold sweet potato)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon lightly crushed coriander seeds or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the Tangy Mustard Dip
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, finely grated
- 3⁄4 cup natural yogurt (can use low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (use your faves such as parsley, dill, mint, basil, thyme, coriander or cilantro)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the kumera. Cut in half lenghways and then slice into thick wedges. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl-mix the remaining wedges ingredients. Add the kumera wedges and coat evenly.
- Place the wedges on roasting trays in a single layer Bake aprrox 40 minutes. CHeck whilst cooking and turn over a few times. Cook until browned and tender through.
- Prepare the dip while the wedges are cooking- mix the mustart and honey. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Serve slightly cooled wedges with the dip. Sprinkle over some extra chopped herbs as garnish. Season with salt to taste.