1/6 Photos of Kumera and Tuna Patties
An old family favourite. You can add cilantro instead of the parsley if you wish or add more curry powder or use a curry paste instead. Add some finely diced chilli or ground chilli flakes if you wish. For a gluten-free version be sure that all ingredients used are gluten-free. Cooking time does not include the 30 minutes refrigeration time required
My Private Note
tuna pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g kumara, peeled roughly chopped and steamed
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup parsley (cilantro) or 1/2 cup coriander, chopped finely (cilantro)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 chili, finely diced (optional)
- 425 g tuna, well drained
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs (packaged) or 1/2 cup dried gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1Peel and roughly chop the kumera.
- 2Steam the kumera and roughly mash. Measure out 2 cups of mashed kumera for the recipe.
- 3Add the 2 cups kumera and all remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well.
- 4Using your hands, roll 1/4 cup of the mixture into a ball and flatten them to form patty shapes. Continue with the remaining mixture. If the mixture is too wet, add in some more breadcrumbs.
- 5You can roll the patties in some extra dry packaged breadcrumbs if you wish.
- 6Refrigerate patties for 30 minutes or overnight.
- 7Heat a little oil in a large frypan and add the patties. Cook until browned on each side. Turn patties gentley.
- 8Serve with a salad on the side and a sauce/mayonnaise of your choice.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kumera and Tuna Patties
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 845.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g