Recipe by Stardustannie
A lovely low fat vegetable entree or lunch, which is great served hot or cold. Nice for a picnic or served in a burger.
Top Review by jmerwamer
I didn't expect it to be so good! Instead of peas and zucchini I used swiss chard - probably a little over a cup. Left the skins on the sweet potatos too. Made my own chili reduction sauce with red thai curry paste, rice vinegar, maracchino cherry syrup, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Excellent on a little bed of mixed greens! Thanks!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 500 g kumara (orange Sweet Potato)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen baby peas
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of salted water until done.
- Meanwhile chop & steam or boil the sweet potato until tender, drain well. Transfer to a large bowl and mash until almost smooth.
- Cut the zucchini into small dice (about the size of the baby peas) add this and all other ingredients to kumara and mix well, season with salt & pepper.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and cook in non stick fry pan lightly oiled for 3 minutes each side, drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve on a bed of baby spinach and drizzle with sweet chili sauce.
- Note: Nice eaten cold drizzled with lemon juice.