Recipe by HVLS
Man! For someone who isn't usually particularly inspired or successful in the kitchen, these were easy and delicious.....even if I do say so myself! Hope this reads ok, it was all guess work really!
- 1 large kumara, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 10 olives, sliced
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the kumara into very small cubes. place in a saucepan containing the chicken stock and water and cook until tender.
- Place the cooked Kumara into a large bowel.
- Retain the stock from the kumara and to it add chopped onion and frozen spinach. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has defrosted.
- Remove from heat and pour spinach and onion mixture into a seive to allow excess water to be squeezed out.
- Add the spinach and onion to the kumara. Add Garam Masala and 1 tblsp sesame seeds. Mix together.
- Take 3 sheets of Filo and lay on top of each other. (Use a clean, dry, flat surface).
- Into the middle of the filo place half the kumara and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle over half the sliced olives and half the crumbled feta.
- Fold the filo like a parcel, sealing the edges with a brush of milk.
- Brush milk over top af parcel and sprinkle sesame seeds (optional).
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until the Filo is Golden brown.
- I served this with tomato and chive salad.