Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the place I used to work which had it as part of their autumn menu.
Make and share this Kumara, Pumpkin and Spinach Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium kumara (sweet potatoes)
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 dried chilies, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 250 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 125 ml plain yogurt
- Peel the kumara and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Cut the pumpkin into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel and chop the onion and the the garlic.
- Heat oil over moderate heat in a deep frying pan or wide saucepan. Add the onions, ginger, garlic, chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt and pepper. Gently fry, without browning, until the onion is soft.
- Add the kumara and pumpkin and add enough water to just cover. Mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender, the water partially evaporated and the mixture thick.
- Stir in the spinach and heat.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in yogurt.