I got this recipe from the place I used to work which had it as part of their autumn menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium kumara (sweet potatoes)
- 400 g pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 dried chilies, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 250 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 125 ml plain yogurt
- 1Peel the kumara and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Cut the pumpkin into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Peel and chop the onion and the the garlic.
- 3Heat oil over moderate heat in a deep frying pan or wide saucepan. Add the onions, ginger, garlic, chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt and pepper. Gently fry, without browning, until the onion is soft.
- 4Add the kumara and pumpkin and add enough water to just cover. Mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender, the water partially evaporated and the mixture thick.
- 5Stir in the spinach and heat.
- 6Remove from heat and gently stir in yogurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kumara, Pumpkin and Spinach Curry
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 684.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g