Recipe by Tea Girl
This was a recipe sent to me by a friend it sounds really good to me. Kumara is a kind of sweet potato grown on NZ.
- 1 kg kumara
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- olive oil (for frying, not extra virgin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prick skin of kumara.
- Bake 1 kg kumara until tender, about 45 minutes, then mash when the kumara has cooled a little, sift in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 teaspoons baking powder and mix well.
- Add 2 eggs, beaten, 100 ml milk, teaspoon salt, half teaspoon nutmeg and mix again.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and drop the mixture into it by the heaped tablespoonful.
- Fry until browned on both sides.