Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice change from plain corn fritters. Cooking time is approximate depending on size of pan used.
- 1 (310 g) can creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg (separated)
- 1⁄2 cup kumara (cooked & roughly mashed)
- butter or oil, for pan frying
- Mix together the creamed corn, chopped chives, flour, milk and egg yolk.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and fold this and the kumara lightly into the corn mixture.
- Cook in spoonfuls in a pan until golden - about 3 minutes each side.
- Number made depends on size of fritter.
Loved these, so quick to put together and great both served hot and at room temperature. A really versatile side dish suited to so many dishes.