Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
A colourful salad that goes down well at any occassion. Found on the Kaipara Kumara Website.
Top Review by Elmotoo
THIS IS SO FABULOUS! and so easy! I subbed 1 medium shallot for the red onion. of course I overcooked the sweet potato but it still tasted fabulous! Of course I get funny thoughts about this would be great for Halloween because it's orange or what a nice change of pace for Thanksgiving dinner....Made for Aussie Swap 9/12. :)
- 500 g kumara
- 1 red onion, use 3 thin slices only
- 2 oranges
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peeled kumara in salted water until tender.
- Drain. Slice kumara and place in a salad bowl.
- Break onion slices into rings.
- Peel oranges and remove all the white pith. Slice croswise.
- Add onion rings and oranges slices to the kumara.
- Place parsley, oil and vinegar into a jar and shake to combine.
- Pour dresing over the salad, toss gently and chill.