Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Also inspired by Wattie's.
- 750 g kumara, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 227 g crushed pineapple in juice, very well drained
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 340 g corned beef
- Cook the kumala in boiling salted water until tender, drain and mash.
- Cook the onion in the oil in a frying pan until soft but not coloured. Add the cabbage and curry powder and cook only until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the onions to the kumala with the pineapple, egg and Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Mix well.
- Flake in the Corned Beef and mix gently.
- Shape into 6-8 even sized patties and pan fry in a little oil until hot and golden on both sides.
- Serve topped with sliced tomato and a few lettuce greens and a drizzling of your favourite vinaigrette.