Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
something tasty for our upcomming winter
- 150 g chorizo sausage, sliced horizontally
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg kumara, peeled and cubed
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on high. Add chorizo and cook for 1-2 mins until the red oil is released. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion in same pan for 2-3 mins until tender. Add kumara, tomatoes, chickpeas and stock (the kumara should be covered in liquid, so add a little more stock or water, if necessary.).
- Bring the kumara mixture to the boil over high heat. Return the chorizo to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 mins until kumara is tender. Season to taste. Sprinkle with the coriander to serve.