Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family favorite .due to the price of crab (and everything else) these days we only have it for very special occasions. It is easy to make -evern for the beginner cook.
- 453.59 g backfin crabmeat-maryland blue crab meat
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml chopped pimiento
- 9.85 ml capers, whole
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.39 ml liquid hot pepper sauce
- 59.16 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
- paprika (to garnish)
- Remove all cartilage from crabmeat. Place crabmeat in a large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, pimento, capers, Worcestershire sauce, salt and liquid hot pepper sauce together and blend well. Pour over crabmeat and toss LIGHTLY.
- Divide crabmeat between four 4 aluminum or ceramic scallop shaped baking shells
- Mix cheese with mayonnaise and top each shell with one tablespoon of mixture . Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place shells on cookie sheet or shallow baking pan and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve at once.
- Makes 4 servings. May be doubled.
YUM! This is PERFECT for the person that somehow got a live crab for a present and has not much else in the cupboard!!! (ie ME at the moment) By the way, you can use muffin tins instead of shell tins to cook these in, it is a great and simple recipe for new cooks to try as well :) DEEE-LISH!