Recipe by Stanley the Westie
Yummy...very popular in Malaysia...great with rice..got this from a Malaysian website.
- 600 g clams (lala)
- 29.58 ml cornflour
- 5 dried chilies, soaked and seeded
- 2 stalk curry leaves, washed (use only the leaves)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, smashed
- 14.79 ml gingerroot (shredded)
- 8 Thai chiles (chopped)
- 14.79 ml black bean garlic sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml oil
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 2.46 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml oyster sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak clams in salty water for 30 minutes. Rinse with clean water and drain in a colander until dry. Wipe completely dry with absorbent paper towel. (To prevent oil from splattering when deep frying the lala).
- Heat 5 tbsp oil in a wok; deep-fry clams until cooked. Dish up and sprinkle evenly with corn flour.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil and saute lemon grass and ginger until fragrant. Dish up and set aside. Saute dried chillies and curry leaves until fragrant. Dish up and set aside.
- Heat oil and margarine and saute cilipadi and black garlic sauce until fragrant. Stir in seasoning and cooked clams. Blend well. Dish up and serve immediately.