Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From: "Iron Pots & Wooden Spoons Africa's Gifts to New World Cooking by Jessica B. Harris. I'm posting this because MarraMamba requested it. Sounds like fried peanut butter balls to me. These can be shaped into any form that takes your fancy.
- 453.59 g roasted peanuts
- 59.14 ml peanut oil
- peanut oil, for frying
- Heat the frying oil to 350-375°F.
- Grind the nuts in a food processor adding enough oil to make a smooth paste.
- With wet hands, knead and squeeze the paste to remove the excess oil.
- Shape the peanut paste into balls or other shapes, adding a bit of water if necessary to make them hold together.
- Drop the balls into the hot oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the outsides are crisp.
- Can be served hot or cold.