Recipe by Leila***
There probably isn't a word to describe how great this tastes! This is an amazing Pakistani/Indian ice cream! I tried it in Pakistan and couldn't get enough of it. Obvioulsy I couldn't bring the ice cream back to Moscow, but I did bring back recipe! Try it out, you won't regret it!
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 10 cups milk (6%)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the rice flour with 4 tablespoons of milk in a bowl.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a boil and leave it on low heat simmering for 45 minutes, stirring periodically (don't let it burn).
- Pour the rice flour mixture into the milk. Add the pistachios and sugar. Boil for another 10 mins and remove from heat.
- Add the rose water and cardamom.
- Leave it til it reaches room temperature, then pour the kulfi into a container and put into freezer.Stir every 20-30 minutes to break up the forming crystals.
- When the ice-cream begins to thicken, leave it until it completely freezes.