Recipe by Hina Ali
If you are a big fan of Sarson Ka Saag (Mustard Leaves Curry), then you are going to love this recipe. Kulfa saag takes less cooking time and effort and tastes simply delicious.
- 1 kg purslane (green mustard leaves )
- 125 g oil
- 2.46 ml turmeric powder
- 4 whole red chilies
- 1 inch fresh ginger (sliced thinly)
- 125 g onions (sliced)
- red chili powder
- 6 whole green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 0.12 ml cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash kulfa saag/leaves (green mustard leaves) and then cut it thinly.
- Add saag in pot and cook on low flame.
- The leaves will release water during cooking and it will cook in its own water.
- Now heat half the oil in a pot and add onion, fry till golden.
- Then add turmeric, green chili, red chili powder and whole red chili. Cook these spices for a while.
- Now add kulfa saag/leaves and cook on low heat.
- When water dries, then heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Fry ginger, garlic and cumin in it for tempering (baghar).
- Pour it over kulfa saag.
- Delicious kulfa saag/leaves is ready to serve with gram flour bread.