Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An Iranian omelet made with greens. May be halved. If you just slice the lettuce thinly, it can then be pulled apart into strips.
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 12 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 bibb lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron, soaked 5 min in 1 tsp hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Beat the eggs lightly.
- Stir in flour through pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook over moderate heat until set.
- Turn and cook 3-5 minutes on second side over low heat until browned.
- Serve at once.
thank you so much .
Lettuce, in an omlete? I just had to try this. I'm soooo glad I did, delicious! thanks for a wonderful egg dish echo!