1/3 Photos of Kukkakaalilaatikko
HeHe....I had to post this recipe just because the name was so amazing...plus it sounds pretty good! I think it means Cauliflower Rye Casserole. It is from Sundays at Moosewood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1At least an hour before cooking, pour the beer into a shallow bowl until it becomes flat.
- 2Dry the bread cubes on a baking sheet in a 300F oven until they are crisp but not browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- 3Saute the cauliflower in the butter with the carraway seeds until just barely tender.
- 4Combine the bread cubes and cauliflower with the grated cheese.
- 5Spread the mixture into a buttered 2-qt casserole dish.
- 6Mix the eggs, mustard, coriander, and black pepper in a blender or by hand with the flat beer and pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- 7Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes until puffed and golden.
Nutritional Facts for Kukkakaalilaatikko
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.1
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 330.7 mg
- Sodium 771.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: