Recipe by Ms*Bindy
HeHe....I had to post this recipe just because the name was so amazing...plus it sounds pretty good! I think it means Cauliflower Rye Casserole. It is from Sundays at Moosewood.
Top Review by OKRaeRae
We liked this a lot. I skipped the caraway seeds because I used seeded rye and I thought the kids might not like so many. I also skipped the butter because I steamed the cauliflower. Will make again.
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cups cubed rye bread
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- At least an hour before cooking, pour the beer into a shallow bowl until it becomes flat.
- Dry the bread cubes on a baking sheet in a 300F oven until they are crisp but not browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Saute the cauliflower in the butter with the carraway seeds until just barely tender.
- Combine the bread cubes and cauliflower with the grated cheese.
- Spread the mixture into a buttered 2-qt casserole dish.
- Mix the eggs, mustard, coriander, and black pepper in a blender or by hand with the flat beer and pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes until puffed and golden.