Prep1 hr 30 mins
Traditionally baked in a fluted pan topped with almonds, this delicately sweet loaf is a festive addtion to any meal. You can serve it right out of your machine or tansfer kneaded dough to a bundt pan for a traditional presentation. From Electric Bread.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons freshly grated lemons, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Success Hints: To serve traditionally, transfer kneaded dough after first rise to a buttered bundt or ring mold.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds into pan before placing dough in, and then top dough with more almonds.
- Allow to rise about one hour and then bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- This recipe can be made using regular and rapid bake cycles.