Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Just bought this lovely new bundt pan and this recipe was on the box. I searche on here for others and there are a couple but differant than this one - for one thing it only takes 2 eggs, not 6. I'm truly guessing at the serving size as it's not listed. When I made it I did add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a teaspoon of almond as I was leaving out the raisins (can't stand them myself) and it was wonderful, light and only slightly sweet. Next time I'm going to make a vanilla glaze drizzle over it and top with almonds for a prettier presentation.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons orange peel (or lemon)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, stir together yeast and warm water; let stand 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- In small saucepan, combine milk, butter and sugar.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- In large mixing bowl, combine four and salt.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Gradually add milk mixture, blending at low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in raisins and orange peel.
- Generously grease pan. (I'm using my new bundt pan for this).
- Spoon dough into prepared pan. (Dough will be sticky).
- Cover with oiled plastic wrap and a towel.
- Set in warm place to rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake 15 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and continue baking 15-20 minutes in pan.
- Invert onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving. (or optionally with a glaze).