Recipe by fluffernutter
Three layers, so fancier than your average kugel. And each layer is quick to mix. The tender apples, warm cinnamon, crisp topping are scrumptious.
Top Review by MomLuvs6
This is easy to make. Nice cinnamon apple flavor with a crunching topping from the rice crispies. No oven temperature listed in directions, set the oven at 350 degrees and cooked the 45 minutes stated.
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss apples, sugar, cinnamon and flour in a large bowl, then spread over a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the margarine, eggs, sugar, vanilla and flour with a fork until well blended and smooth, then pour over apples and spread (if needed) to cover.
- Combine rice cereal, brown sugar and margarine and mix well; spread over the filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden.