Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Three layers, so fancier than your average kugel. And each layer is quick to mix. The tender apples, warm cinnamon, crisp topping are scrumptious.
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Toss apples, sugar, cinnamon and flour in a large bowl, then spread over a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the margarine, eggs, sugar, vanilla and flour with a fork until well blended and smooth, then pour over apples and spread (if needed) to cover.
- Combine rice cereal, brown sugar and margarine and mix well; spread over the filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden.
This is easy to make. Nice cinnamon apple flavor with a crunching topping from the rice crispies. No oven temperature listed in directions, set the oven at 350 degrees and cooked the 45 minutes stated.