Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
As most of you know, I HATE CARROTS, but this recipe hides the carrots and in my mind makes them edible. This is more like a cornbread rather than a noodle kugel, but it is easy to make and delicious, too.
- 4 (2 1/2 ounce) jarsstrained carrots
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (or use 1/4 cup canola oil and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 2 cups sugar, I use 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients well, make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on rack.
- Great warm or at room temperature.