Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Aunt Kit's Kugel recipie. Kugel is a Jewish noodle pudding that is usually served as a side dish at meals. Try it, you'll like it!
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) packagewide egg noodles
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- Cook noodles until they are just under-done.
- beat eggs until lemony.
- mix together sour cream and cream cheese.
- Add eggs, milk, butter, applesauce and sugar.
- Mix till just blended.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Pour mixture into 9X12 baking pan and cook at 350 for 1 hour.
Basicly a very easy dish to prepare. I used one mid size mixing bowl, a blender and a casserole dish. The only other utiental i used was a mesuring cup. 8 oz sour cream is equal to a cup so that was simple. I added another 1/4 cup sugar because the sour cream and the cream cheese didnt suit our tastes.
I had never had this dish before so I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I will go a little lighter on the sugar - it was a bit too sweet for me. I may also try sprinkling a bit of nutmeg on it. Thanks for the recipe.
very nice recipe! My father loves this dish