Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is for a Lithuanian potato dish
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 9 large white potatoes, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 large white onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sour cream
- Fry bacon until medium crisp.
- Set aside, reserving drippings.
- Grate potatoes into a bowl.
- Put in a colander and let drain.
- Put potatoes back into a bowl.
- Add flour and eggs.
- Add milk, evaporated milk, grated onion and salt.
- Stir in bacon.
- Grease a rectangular baking pan with reserved bacon drippings.
- Pour potato mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until toasty brown on top but not burned.
- Serve with sour cream.
I made this last night for dinner and we all enjoyed this very much. My Mom made this all the time when I was growning up and never got a copy of the recipe. Thank you for sharing, now that I have the recipe I can make it anytime!