Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe as in interesting contribution for my group to the Asian region cookbook during World Tour 4!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 large bananas, ripe, peeled
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (more or less)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (more or less)
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon & baking powder.
- Make well in center & add HALF the milk & HALF the eggs, beating until batter is smooth. Then add remaining milk & eggs, stirring thoroughly.
- In separate bowl, mash bananas with salt & sugar.
- Stir banana mixture into batter.
- Sprinkle waxed or parchment paper with powdered sugar & set aside.
- Heat some oil in skillet over high heat, then drain off any excess oil & drop in enough batter to make a pancake 5-7 inches in diameter.
- Cook on each side until golden, working in batches if needed.
- When a pancake is done, place on sugared parchment paper & sprinkle with extra cinnamon & powdered sugar. Add a little lemon juice to each pancake, then fold into quarters & serve hot.
Lots of banana taste, with not too much sugar. I used lime instead of lemon since that's what we had fresh. Either way, a nice little tang for the finished pancake. I did get a fairly thick batter, which cooked into a thick pancake, so there wasn't really any way to fold them into quarters. Perhaps the batter should have been adjusted to be thinner, or else a spoon used to spread the pancake in the pan?
Loved these, the banana flavour is really evident which is nice... I used whole wheat SR flour and Splenda in lieu of sugar...served with cream cheese...4 yr old DD and I both enjoyed them. Thanks Syd!
We loved these yummy pancakes and I certainly loved how quick and easy they were to make - so they're a great week night recipe! :) We love bananas, cinnamon and lemons and it was wonderful how they came together so deliciously in this recipe. Thanks for sharing it! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.