Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are basically German fried doughnuts!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- Beat eggs, cream, and milk together.
- Add sugar.
- Sift baking powder, salt and flour and add to mixture to make a soft dough.
- Roll out on floured board.
- Cut into rectangles about 2 1/4 by 4 1/2 inches.
- Cut a slit in kuechla the long way.
- Flip one end through the slit.
- Drop into hot oil and fry like doughnuts.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Once cooled you can coat with sugar or powdered sugar.
These are very good! My 8 mo old got crabby about have threw making them so I just cut the dough into squares to save time. Still worked great. I used regular sugar to ccoat them. Yum!